Health Benefits of Kefir
What is Kefir?
Traditional kefir is fermented at ambient temperatures, usually overnight. Fermentation of lactose yields a sour, carbonated, alcoholic light profile in the beverage; the stability and taste similar as that of the traditional sour yogurt.
- A refreshing, natural, nutritional, easy to digest, probiotic dairy product.
- Rich in nutrients with intense aroma.
- Produced with 100% fresh milk of Cyprus origin.
- It is produced from fresh cow milk using rare kefir grains which contain a number of beneficial lactic acid microorganisms yeasts.
- Nutritionally provides whatever is provided from milk; milk proteins, carbohydrates, fats, calcium, magnesium (important minerals for a healthy nervous system), phosphorus and vitamins A, B12, B1 and C. It also contains biotin, which aids in digesting other B group vitamins from the body.
What are the properties and benefits of Kefir?
- It helps in the proper functioning of the digestive system and contributes to a healthy immune system.
- The regular use of kefir can help relieve all intestinal disorders, promote bowel movement and create a healthy digestive system. Furthermore, the effect of cleansing the entire body contributes to internal balance for optimum health ecosystem.
- Studies have shown that lactose - the only sugar/carbohydrate of milk is broken down to glucose and galactose by the kefir yeast and all other healthy bacteria thus making the product suitable for lactose intolerant consumers. It's a gluten free product and people who suffer from celiac disease can include it in their daily diet.
- It has a high biological and nutritional value. It helps prevent against various diseases and regulates the body weight due to its low fat and calorie content.
- It is an excellent food for pregnant or breastfeeding women, for the elderly and people with weak immune system.
- The fat free kefir is an ideal hydrating product with a high nutritional value for athletes and those engaged in sports.
How can I consume Kefir?
- Include it in your everyday life and consume it every morning before your breakfast, or replace the milk with kefir in your cereals.
- A little secret: For added flavour put in a blender with fruits of your choosing, honey or sugar and enjoy the most tasty and healthy drink.